Triple Treat Pepper Soup
4 - 6 servings
- In a stockpot over medium heat, add oil. Sauté onions until softened. Add red, yellow and green bell peppers. Add bay leaves, and simmer on med-lo heat for 15 minutes.
- Steam potatoes separately until tender, and add half of them to the soup.
- Add broth, increase to high and bring to a boil.
- In a bowl, combine melted margarine, flour, and creamer and mix until smooth, then slowly add to soup. Cook on low heat for 20 minutes, stirring occasionally. Cool briefly. Discard bay leaf.
- Lightly blend soup in a food processor or blender, leaving it a little chunky. Add the remaining cubed potatoes. Garnish with a little fresh chopped parsley. Season with salt or seasoned salt.
- 2 Tbsp Olive oil
- 3/4 C Chopped onion
- 1 Red bell pepper, seeded and sliced into chunks
- 1 Yellow bell pepper, seeded and sliced into chunks
- 1 Green bell pepper, seeded and cut into chunks
- 4 - 5 Small Yukon Gold Potatoes, cubes
- 2 Bay leaves
- 5 C Vegetable broth
- 3 Tbsp Margarine (non-hydrogenated), melted
- 1/3 C flour
- 1/2 C Silk soy milk creamer (original flavor)
- 1 tsp Thyme
- Salt or seasoned salt to taste