Oh Boy! Oat Burgers
- Mix ALL ingredients together.
- Add just enough soy milk to moisten and bind mixture.
- Form into patties (see procedure under Perfect Patties).
- Place on sprayed cookie sheet.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 20 minutes, then turn over and bake on the other side until golden brown (about 20 more minutes).
- Let cool completely on rack—best served the next day.
- These patties freeze well.
From Foods for Thought, p 101
Copyright LifestyleMatters.com. 866-624-5433. Used by permission.
1 Cup Cooked oatmeal, cold and firm
1 Raw potato, grated
4 tsp Olive oil
1/2 Cup Ground walnuts
1 Cup Toasted whole wheat bread crumbs
1 tsp Salt
1 pinch Sage
1 tsp White Whole Wheat flour
1/4 Cup Nutritional yeast flakes
1 tsp Chicken-style seasoning or Vegetable bullion
1/4 - 1/2 Cup Soy or nut milk (just enough to moisten)