I certainly didn’t choose to live in Michigan for the weather. It’s freezing and the snow is up to HERE! We eat a lot of chili at this time of year to keep us warm. To change things up a bit we like to make a white chili, instead of a traditional red chili. White chili is made with white beans and chicken instead of the original hamburger and red beans. It is creamy and white with a little zip from cayenne.
Heat oil in a large pot over medium. Add onion and garlic; cook until softened, stirring occasionally, about 4 minutes.
Add the remaining ingredients, except Gluten Steaks and sour cream, and bring to a boil over high heat.
Stir in the Gluten Steaks and sour cream. Reduce to a simmer and cook, uncovered, 30 minutes.
- 1 Tbsp oil
- 1 large onion, diced
- 1 ½ Tbsp minced garlic
- 4 cans (15 ounces) great northern beans, rinsed and drained
- 4 cups water
- 1 can (7 ounces) chopped green chilies
- 2 Tbsp Chicken Style Seasoning
- 1 ½ tsp salt
- 1 tsp dried oregano
- ½ tsp ground cumin
- ¼ to ½ tsp cayenne pepper
- 2 cups Chicken Substitute (homemade gluten or your favorite store bought variety)
- 1 container (8 ounces) Tofutti soy sour cream