This quick, tasty slaw is easy to make and higher in nutrition and flavor than traditional cole slaws. The packaged julienne or shredded ingredients are available at your grocery store.
- Mix ingredients together in a bowl, toss, chill and serve. For variety, add a few chopped dried peanuts or dried cherries, or both. Adjust seasonings, raw veggies, and dressings to your taste.
- 2 C Shredded cabbage (packaged is fine)
- 1 C Shredded (packaged julienne) carrots
- 1 ½ C Shredded (packaged julienne) broccoli “slaw”
- ¼ C Diced green onion
- ½ C Chopped parsley (optional)
- 1 C Fresh chopped spinach
- 1 C Diced red pepper
- 3 Tbsp Olive oil
- 4 Tbsp Lemon juice, fresh, not bottled
- 2 tsp Salt, or to taste
- 1 tsp each Garlic & onion powder
- 2 Tbsp Nutritional yeast flakes (optional)
- 3 Tbsp Prepared bottled dressing of your choice (optional) or
- drizzle 3 Tb of tahini over the prepared salad and toss.