top of page
This quick, tasty slaw is easy to make and higher in nutrition and flavor than traditional cole slaws. The packaged julienne or shredded ingredients are available at your grocery store.
- Mix ingredients together in a bowl, toss, chill and serve. For variety, add a few chopped dried peanuts or dried cherries, or both. Adjust seasonings, raw veggies, and dressings to your taste.
- 2 C Shredded cabbage (packaged is fine)
- 1 C Shredded (packaged julienne) carrots
- 1 ½ C Shredded (packaged julienne) broccoli “slaw”
- ¼ C Diced green onion
- ½ C Chopped parsley (optional)
- 1 C Fresh chopped spinach
- 1 C Diced red pepper
- 3 Tbsp Olive oil
- 4 Tbsp Lemon juice, fresh, not bottled
- 2 tsp Salt, or to taste
- 1 tsp each Garlic & onion powder
- 2 Tbsp Nutritional yeast flakes (optional)
- 3 Tbsp Prepared bottled dressing of your choice (optional) or
- drizzle 3 Tb of tahini over the prepared salad and toss.
bottom of page