- Place 2 1/2 cups water and all remaining ingredients in blender.
- Blend on high until very smooth and creamy, about 4 or 5 minutes; transfer to a medium saucepan.
- Add remaining 2 1/2 cups water to blender; blend briefly to clean out the blender. Transfer to saucepan with nut mixture.
- Cook on medium heat until thick and creamy, stirring constantly to prevent burning.
- Add optional Scrambled Tofu or sausage crumbles and stir.
From Give Them Something Better. Used by permission.
- 2 1/2 cups water, divided
- 1/2 cup Brazil nuts
- 1/3 cup cornstarch
- 1 tablespoons onion powder
- 1 ½ tablespoons nutritional yeast flakes
- 3/4 tablespoon Braggs Liquid Aminos or low sodium soy sauce
- 1 teaspoons beef style seasoning
- 1/2 teaspoon salt, to taste
- 1/2 cup vegetarian sausage crumbles (optional)