1 Hr. 30 Min.
- Place the wheat in a saucepan.
- Blend ALL other ingredients until smooth.
- Add blended ingredients to saucepan, mix with wheat, and simmer for 20 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Spread mixture evenly on a sprayed cookie sheet and bake at 250-275 degrees for 45-60 minutes, until it is a loose, burger-like consistency.
- Stir occasionally, and be careful NOT to overcook.
- Remove from oven while it is still moist.
- This burger is a staple in our home. It is very versatile and saves a lot of time in the kitchen.
- Bake a potato and top it with this recipe, cheese sauce or mayonnaise, and chives for a wonderful, filling, nutritious meal. Serve it with a tossed salad and steamed broccoli.
- Try serving on a bed of rice smothered with spaghetti sauce.
- This one is a natural as “meat” in your spaghetti sauce, or mix it with chili beans for a really filling chili!
- The uses for this burger are almost limitless! Use your imagination. Burger Delight freezes beautifully.
- Makes 18, 2/3-cup servings.
Copyright LifestyleMatters.com. 866-624-5433. Used by permission.
- 2 Cups Bulgur wheat (not fine ground)
- 1 Qt. Tomatoes, canned, with juice
- 1/2 Onion, medium, cut in pieces
- 2 - 3 Garlic cloves
- 1 Cup Walnuts (may use pecans or sunflower seeds)
- 1 Tbsp Vegetable salt OR 2 tsp regular salt