- 1 tablespoon oil
- 2 packages (14 ounces) water-packed tofu, extra firm, well drained
- 1 small onion, petite diced (optional)
- ½ small green or red bell pepper, petite diced (optional)
- ¼ cup nutritional yeast flakes
- 3 tablespoons Chicken Style Seasoning
- 1½ teaspoons garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon turmeric
- Parsley, to garnish (optional)
- Drain excess water from tofu.
- Heat oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Crumble tofu into pan with your fingers or use a spatula to break it up in the pan.
- Add remaining ingredients to skillet; cook until tofu is browned and slightly dry, stirring occasionally. This could take from 10 to 30 minutes, depending on desired texture. The longer the tofu is cooked, the firmer the tofu will be.
Makes 6 servings.
From Give Them Something Better, p 9. Used by permission.