Place in blender:
1 15-oz. Can garbanzo beans, drained, or
2 C Cooked garbanzos
1⁄4 C Lemon juice
1⁄3 C Sesame tahini
2 tsp Garlic powder OR
2 Cloves, fresh garlic
1⁄2 tsp Salt
1⁄2 C Water
Blend ALL ingredients thoroughly. If you are using a conventional blender and not a stronger machine, such as a Bosch or Vita-Mix, blend recipe one-half at
a time. Stop blender. Stir with a spatula. Continue to blend until creamy. Chill.
Makes 3 cups.
- This is a wholesome, versatile, quick, tasty recipe you’ll want to eat often.
- Stuff it in a pita pocket with alfalfa sprouts, tomato, and green peppers for a delicious, nutritious sandwich.
- Place a generous scoop of it on your salad and squeeze fresh lemon on top.
- Put on baked potatoes with chives and olives.
- Use as a dip with chips or crackers.
- Stuff it in celery.
- For variety, add a stalk of celery, finely diced; and 1⁄4 cup green onion, finely chopped.
From Simple Solutions, p 34
Copyright lifestylematters.com. Used by permission.