Combine the following in a large bowl and mix well:
|8 C||Rolled oats|
|3/4 C||Soy Flour|
|1/2 C||Cornmeal (optional)|
|1/2 C||Dates OR 1/3 C Honey|
|4 tbsp||Vanilla OR 3 tbsp Maple extract|
- Put all ingredients in large bowl.
- Add 10-12 C water, or enough to make it blend-able.
- Blend mixture, 3 C at a time, until smooth; add water if necessary to help mixture blend.
- Transfer blended batter into another bowl as you go. Batter thickens as it sits, so add a small amount of water as needed.
- Cook for 8-10 minutes in a sprayed waffle iron until golden and firm.
- Cool on rack—best served the next day.
- These waffles freeze well.
Used by permission from Balance Magazine - SuperSized Kids