1 C Cashews, raw
4 C Corn, frozen or fresh off the cob
1 Onion, chopped, sautéed in water
6 C Potatoes, peeled, cubed, and cooked
¼ C Chick-it Seasoning
¼ C Nutritional yeast flakes
Vegetable salt or regular salt to taste
1 tsp Basil
½ tsp Savory OR sage
1 Bay leaf
1 tsp Onion powder
- Cook onions and potatoes together in a little water.
- Blend 2 cups of the onion/potato mixture with the cashews and ½ cup of corn.
- Add enough water to blend smoothly to a thick, creamy chowder. Blend by cupfuls if your blender is small.
- The remainder of the corn and potatoes should be left chunky.
- Add more water to entire mixture to desired consistency.
- Add ALL other ingredients and simmer. DO NOT boil!
- This soup is one of our favorites. It is wonderful as an entrée, served with a green salad, fresh bread, or baked corn chips cursed on top.
- Try it served over steaming rice or toast.
- Makes 12 cups.
From Foods for Thought, p 100
Copyright Lifestylematters.com. Used by permission.